Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Im looking wiring diagram AEG Favorit 4220 1-w

Customer Question

hi im looking for a wiring diagram for an AEG Favorit 4220 1-w
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I am not able to locate the exact diagram for your model but have a call out for it to be sent. The most common issues for these are the door switch and the heater failing. What is your machine doing, or not doing, as the case may be?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the dishwasher has worked perfectly until now. When you turn the control knob the only thing that works is the pump. An engineer arrived spent 20 mins fiddling and said its the controller or a broken wire. He made a phone call and said the controller is obsolete you will have to buy a new dishwasher, I'm an electrical/ electronics engineer and spend my life fault finding complex control systems. I have removed the programmer and can see no fault inside. It seems to me it's lost a feed to the programmer. With a diagram it would be relatively simple to sort.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If only the pump works, the issue is probably with the float in the base of the machine that detects a water leak. If that switch is actuated, it will suspend all functions but the pump. I will forward the diagram as quickly as I get a reply. In the meantime, I would closely at the float in the machine base.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks again the engineer checked for leeks and checked the float switch. I have just done the same again. If you turn the controller to position a the pump runs continuously and the timer doesn't move on. If you move the controller manually no other functions work is no water fill and the controller doesn't move.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you. While I wait for a request for the information, I will open your question for others to see in case another has that information readily available.