Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Smeg A3-7 Opera 120cm Range Cooker. The cooling

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Smeg A3-7 Opera 120cm Range Cooker. The cooling down function goes on and on, sometimes for up to 2 hours, once the oven is switched off..!!?? Surely that can't be right..??
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I emailed my question at 10:15 this morning, but haven't had a reply yet...???
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It is likely that the oven temperature sensor is signaling the control to keep the fan running due to high heat. Or, the relay that opens and closes to run the fan may be failing and sticking closed. Does the oven temperature seem to be fine during a baking cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, thanks for your reply & yes, the oven temperature is always perfect its just that when I switch it off, you can still hear it "cooling down" for up to 2 hours afterwards. Yesterday, I put the oven on at 1PM with the temperature set to 180 degrees and it cooked perfectly until 2:10PM & then I switched it off. However, it didn't stop cooling down (go silent) until 4PM.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so that rules out the oven temperature sensor. I suspect the electronic control is having issues and will need to be replaced. A 2 hour cool down period is excessive.