Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Hotpoint B162 dishwasher and the light 2nd from the

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint B162 dishwasher and the light 2nd from the left is continually flashing, i think this normal at the end of the cycle, but I normally can press 'P' and select any cycle i desire but nothing is happening. Any Ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You probably have a fault in the heater circuit. Were the dishes getting clean? Was the water getting hot and steamy? Can you please double check the model number from your appliance, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Yes the water was getting hot, when you can select a program it all works normally.Model: Hotpoint BF162 29719795
Type number: LS12 BIT100
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Intermittently working is most likely the result of a faulty control module. I suspect it will need to be replaced. The model you posted is not coming up for me to get you a link, though.