Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The fridge in my Zanussi fridge freezer is not working, the

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, the fridge in my Zanussi fridge freezer is not working, the food is warm, so I guess the thermostat is gone? i need to know where to find the model number as I cant see it on the fridge, also is there any way I can find out if it is the thermostat or if the fridge needs to be replaced. It must be 10 years now. I'm on a budget, so a repair would be preferable!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the freezer is working, you have an air flow issue. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, thanks for your reply, we had an electrician call yesterday.
He by- passed the thermostat and the freezer started working, however the fridge did not.
The back wall of the fridge was quite warm and even after 30 minutes it did not seem to cool down.
He felt it was the condensor and said that it would be too expensive to replace/repair.if however we could have it repaired that would be better!I cant see the Serial number, where would it be located?
thanks
Ann
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? The model tag should be in the fresh food section high on the walls or on the ceiling.