Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a hotpoint fridge freezer (FFA74) - the freezer is

Customer Question

Hi I have a hotpoint fridge freezer (FFA74) - the freezer is fine but the fridge is not cold enough - any ideas what might be causing this?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You most likely have an air flow issue, either due to a defrost component failure or a faulty fan. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there the fan seems to go on and off and there is a bit of frosty freezy stuff on the back wall of the fridge :-)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you open the doors for 24 hours with the appliance unplugged, it will allow a complete thaw, which will be required because the frost is behind the panel, too. That should restore cooling. If it frosts up again, you will probably need to replace the heater that defrosts the coil during defrost cycles. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I will do this now :-)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted!