Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My tumble dryer has no power. It is plugged in. The fuse is

Customer Question

My tumble dryer has no power. It is plugged in. The fuse is fine but no lights come on and there appears to be no power getting to it
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dryer is a candy Grande o and we just replaced the heating element as the dryer was not generating any heat. It is a sensor condensing dryer.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Was this lighting up correctly befor you changed the heater? If so it sounds like a wire is off somewhere.

Can you tell me which model this is?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is Candy Grando GOC 58FB 8ON. The dryer initially had all the the lights flashing and no heat. We searched online and it appears to be a common problem with this dryer and said to change the heating element. We bought a for like part and my hubby changed it. Everything appeared to be fine for a few days. We had heat, dry clothes, no lights flashing. But my husband did say that the connectors are a little different. The part had one socket with 3 connectors. The new part has 4 separate connectors and only three place to put the connections so he wit them in like for like leaving one out. But it was working and now nothing. No lights at all, no power. Please help.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks

You are right, the heater failing is common

I suspect that one of the wires has now come adrift. You will need to retrace your steps and re check the wiring

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob. My husband has taken the whole thing apart and there doesn't seem to be any wires adrift. So we are not sure what to do next.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

OK, Do you have and know how to use, a multimeter?.

Thanks

Rob