Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Thanks. the indicator lights on my constructa washing

Customer Question

thanks. the indicator lights on my constructa washing machines are flashing. when i close the door and press a programme, after a few seconds the 400, the spin and the no spin light start flashing and the lock doesn't activate
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the door lock may be having issues. Do you hear any humming or buzzing from the area of the door latch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no noise at all and when I press the start button the program doesn't start, the light continues to flash.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will flash if the door lock is not engaging. The controller will not allow the cycle to run if it does not detect the door is locked. I would look at the connections at the control and the door lock to verify all is connected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I do that
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Remove the top of the machine, you should have enough access to inspect the wiring and connections.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How am I supposed to know which wires correspond to the door lock and how can I see if they are loose? This all happened after the machine wasn't spinning so I opened the filter and cleaned it out.