Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a beko wm6143b the start/pause button is flashing,it

Customer Question

Hi I have a beko wm6143b the start/pause button is flashing,it wont start at all the lights ready and wash are on.i have checked the filter and the feed pipe and they are ok.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect you may have an issue with the door lock assembly. If the control module does not see the door is latched, it will not allow a cycle to start. Are you able to determine if the door is locking? Any humming or buzzing from the area of the lock?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for responding it wasn't the lock. We took it apart last night. They have a brittle cage around the switch and the plastic fatigues. Two of the switch buttons had to be pushed out completely because the pressure links had dropped out.
This leaves two holes from which the circuit buttons can now be accessed directly operating the machine fully again. The circuit board has a clear vinyl cover. I will make some sort of pressing mechanism out of wood and plastic today to replace external buttons I suppose.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Nice work, thank you for the update!