Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My beko dw602 won't fill with water. Drains ok. Took panel

Customer Question

Hi there. My beko dw602 won't fill with water. Drains ok. Took panel of left side and tank is sitting at half full. System sounds like it's working, but no water getting in at all. Inlet hose is ok. I took it off and water flows freely. Any ideas? Thanks!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The water inlet valve is likely faulty. When you start a cycle, do you hear the valve humming or buzzing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yea, there is a constant hum. The very odd time, what I assume is the initial water being drained, stops and it sounds like it is starting a wash cycle... So I thought it had somehow fixed itself... But I when I opened it 10 mins later, there was no water in the system at all... The walls were not wet. Is the half tank of water behind the left panel, which doesn't fluctuate at all, a red herring or does it signify something? Thanks!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But 9 times out of 10 it just gives a constant hum till it's turned off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The control may think it is in a flood mode if the humming is constant. Is the noise from the drain pump, can you tell? The water in the tank may be an issue. Does it look plugged at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the humming is more or less constant now. I assume it's the drain... Comes on as soon as the door is closed. Can't tell if tank is plugged or not. How could I check without dismantling the whole thing? As for the flood mode... Is there a way to reset this? Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There is a float in the base of the machine that actuates the flood switch at the top of the plastic rod that the float is attached to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will see if I can find this. I have read about tilting the machine 45 degrees to reset it... Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, after tilting the machine to try reset the flood switch, the water tank in the left emptied... And then when I turned the machine on again, I could see water filling the tank to full, then it was released into the washer, filled again... Then shortly after that, the water drained out into the waste pipe. I opened th machine then, half way thru the cycle and I could see that water was being released inside the machine, it is was really hot, but didn't seem to be moving the heads inside to spray the whole machine. The heads aren't stuck either. So, I'm gettin hot water, but not enough pressure it would seem like to turn the heads/nozzles. Can't see any blockage... Sounds like it's working, but still something is not working! :( hmmm! Any ideas? Thanks!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If wash pressure is low, either there is too little water, the water path in the sump is restricted or the wash impeller is worn and not able to move the water correctly. If you add water manually, does it change the pressure?