Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Our Matsui MS160SL pump keeps running. I've assumed it was

Customer Question

Hi, our Matsui MS160SL pump keeps running. I've assumed it was the timer/programmer so ordered a new one and fitted it. Problem still remains. Regardless where the dial is located you can only hear the pump running. The last time we used it at the end of the short cycle there was water still in the bottom. I turned the dial round to the end of the next cycle to empty the water which it did but then the pump will not go off. I can pour water into the base of the washer and it will pump out. Where do I go from here?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Normally on a dishwasher when the pump keeps running all the time its water has leaked into the base of it and has activated the flood switch which keeps the pump running all the time.

What you need to do on this is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs and water should drain out from the bottom of the appliance so you may need a towel for that.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset and that should stop the pump running.

Then retry it and that should get it running again from there.

Then see how it goes. Fingers crossed its just a one off overfill that caused this. But if it does it again then theres something under there leaking so for this you need to remove both side panels and then you see underneath and check for leaks from there.

So try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Regards