Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Just moved tumbledryer from one room to another without

Customer Question

Hi. Just moved tumbledryer from one room to another without removing water tank! Inside of dryer is filled with water. If I move the drum I can hear it inside. How do I remove the water now? The dryer is a Hotpoint TCM580 Aquarius. Cheers
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If water has got into the back of the dryer then it will be located in the heater panel at the back.

Look on the back of the dryer and there you will see the metal buldged cover on the back.

Remove the screws around there and remove the panel.

As you remove that the water will pore out onto the floor.

Inside that panel you will see the heater. You need to use a hairdryer and dry the heater out as if water has got on there it can cause the electrics to trip the RCD out. So dry it out with the hairdryer and then refit the back panel and that should cure the fault from there.

Its quite common on these when you move the dryer without emptying the water. So do the above and that will sort it from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards