Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a BOSCH TYPE SL6P1B dishwasher [42UK/34] The water

Customer Question

i have a BOSCH TYPE SL6P1B dishwasher [42UK/34]The water red warning light says CHECK WATER and the machine does not complete its cycle so there is clearly a blockage. But the well at the bottom of the machine is clear. What should I do? NICKY BIRD
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

This may be an issue with the incoming water.

When you start a new cycle, is there water above the filters?

Does the drain pump run for about 45 seconds? Does it then stop? What happens next?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have fixed the water problem - there was a blockage in the hose that ejected water. But now there is no heat - would that mean the element has broken and needs replacing?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nicky

Well done for sorting the blockage

Did the heater fail at the same time, as that would be a bit odd?

However, if it doesnt heat and the wash just continues, never stopping, then the heating element is certainly suspect.

If you have a meter check it out, if its open circuit you will need to replace it.

Let me know

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no heat - no hot water, despite the blockage problem being fixed. what do I do next...?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE HEATER SEEMS TO HAVE FAILED AT THE SAME TIME AS THE BLOCKAGE. PERHAPS THE TWO ARE RELATED. PERHAPS, AS I SAY, THE ELEMENT HAS FAILED, BECAUSE OF THE BLOCKAGE...
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nicky

It would be very unusual for a blockage to cause the heater to fail, but stranger things have happened

You will need to test the heater with a meter to be sure that this is the problem.

If you dont have a meter, you will need to get someone else to check it for you.

Let me know if you need a link to the part.

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for spending my time trying to help you with this.

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need a link to the part for the specific BOSCH washing machine we have - BOSCH TYPE SL6P1B dishwasher [42UK/34]
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Look on the label on the edge of the door, I need the number that says ENr

I would ask you to rate now, before I spend more time looking up the part

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now asked Bosch to come and fix it. Where am I supposed to rate you? to be frank, you have been helpful but this system is deeply flawed.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
Thanks
Rob