Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Beko dsfn 1534 stopped working midwash, I have managed to

Customer Question

Hi
My Beko dsfn 1534 stopped working midwash, I have managed to drain the water left in the compartment, but can get nothing out off it apart from lights.
I can select program and feature, shut door press start and nothing, the start light comes on and I can pause it, but no sounds or anything. I f I leave it 10 mins or so it changes light to end.
I tried tilting it to reset the float switch , just in case that had tripped but still nothing, any ideas.
Thanks in advance
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since last night, I removed drain pump as there was signs of a leak around it, found a large lump of fat in the pump, put back together and tried. The drain pump now runs all the time, I even disconnected the flood switch in case that was causing problem. Machine will select program and run, but drain pump running all the time and so no water getting into compartment.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the machine will program a cycle and run but the pump stays energized, the issue is likely a faulty electronic control. Power off at mains for a few hours. Any difference when powered back up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Left it powered off all night, switch on and pumps still pumping away.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The control thinks it is in flood mode. Check flood switch and replace control if it is good.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Is there not another float switch that empty`s the compartment? I found a lump of "fat" in the drain pump so I thought perhaps there could be more jamming something, I can`t find a drawing of this modal so would not know where to look.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The model number you posted does not appear to be a good number. Can you please check that number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Defo DSFN1534B
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I can locate very little on that model. I am going to open your question for others to see in case another has information available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Anyone else offer any help on this, please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it make a difference that the drain pump stops when door is open, does this point more towards the control module, lot of money to fork out to find its not needed?