Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

NEFF C57M70N0GB - MICROWAVE ISSUE. SWITCHES OFF AFTER 3

Customer Question

NEFF C57M70N0GB - MICROWAVE ISSUE.
SWITCHES OFF AFTER 3 SECONDS.
MAGNATRON, INVERTER AND POWER BOARD / MODULES ALL REPLACED AND STILL DOING THE SAME.
THE PARTS REPLACED HAVE BEEN TESTED IN ANOTHER MACHINE AND ALL WORK.....WHAT CAN BE CAUSING THIS AS THE OVEN WORKS FINE....
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with the magnetron cavity and the way the antenna gasket is sealing. When you start it and it stops, does the display clear and reset or what exactly happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. I believe that it runs for 3 seconds then powers down with the clock still showing. If you restart the microwave it will shut down. All fuses are still intact so guessing like you say it will need further investigation.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does the clock reset to time, though, like it is resetting, or just show the time remaining left in the cooking cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. Just checked and it resets to time. If you put the microwave on again it will shit down completely and need plug removal and putting back in to work again.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the cavity that the magnetron antenna goes in to may be allowing leakage around the antenna gasket. If you remove the magnetron, do you see any damage or burn marks around the hole the antenna goes in or in the cavity the antenna is in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. All looks factory fresh. No damage and everything looks good there....
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The only other thing I can think of would be a loose connection that is causing the current draw to go high and cause issues on the control board. Do you have access to a clamp on meter to test the current draw when it starts?