Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Beto 8227 followed your response to machine stuck on 14

Customer Question

Beto 8227 followed your response to machine stuck on 14 mins. Blown throw hose, machines drains, but when turned on it gives one high speed spin and stops, timer still not shifting
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it drains well and the pressure switch hose is clear, you likely have a faulty pressure switch that is telling the timer it is not to spin due to water in the tub. Does it continue to drain until the end of the cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It drains or sounds as though it is attempting to drain but the program does not move on. To stop it I have to cancel by holding the start/pause button.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If it fully drains and keeps pumping, then the pressure switch is not "seeing" the water has gone out. If the hose is clear, I would recommend replacing the pressure switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll replace the pressure switch. Much better idea if it does work as this is a good washer. Clothes always come out clean
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New part ordere. Will let you know how it goes once installed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kerry, I finally got the pressure switch, now inserted. At first it would not shift of 14 mins but we left it and it eventually went off. So, we started it on a quick wash program it gives one spin occasionally but it is now stuck at 37 minutes having moved on from 39 mins. There is a suggestion that it may be the bearings.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you manually spin the tub, is it noisy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. No noise. It kept doing the single spin and after 30 mins did a full drain
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So the bearings are not likely the issue. Did it come up to speed after 30 minutes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, sorry for the delay in coming back to you, I have being away. we replaced the pressure switch and blow the hose to ensure it was clear.. and renewed the motor bushes. It turns briefly but timer is stuck at 16 minutes on the spin and drain program.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is all the water draining out of the tub when it pumps out?