Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dishwasher is stuck in a loop filling and emptying but

Customer Question

My dishwasher is stuck in a loop filling and emptying but never seems to start washing.
I took it a apart thinking the thermostat could be broken and put it all back together. It does the same thing.
I am assuming I only have to pay a fee if you are able to help me identify the fault and resolve the issue. Is this correct? I have taken the whole dishwasher apart and put it back together so should be able to get to all components if required.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the pump is running as it fills, the control is likely at fault. If it drains but without the pump, the water is siphoning. Is there a high loop in the drain hose? Does the pump run to drain as it fills?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly. The machine is a techik se6tie3gb. Also tkd795/4.
I was expecting to get a response via email but this is the first time I've used this service so may have missed it.
Watching the side tubes on the side of the machine it seemed to be just filling and emptying continuously. It didn't seem like the main wash pump kicked in and the water that was inside was cold. I've taken the whole thing apart again. The resistance on the heater is 25 ohms, so I assume that's ok, I put a new thermostat in ( that is reading between 0.6 and 0.9 ohms) the main pump had a couple of pips in it but I don't know how to test the motor or capicitor. Output pump spins fine by hand, and has about 350 ohms resistance. The water level switch seems to be working fine. Took the float out and gave it a good clean anyway. The washer has not been used for a couple of months as we have had building work. It been moved around a lot in that time. Andy ( oh, the output pipe is at worktop height)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P.s. How do I tell if the pump is actually running, as opposed to it just syphoning?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does the pump come on, you should be able to hear it running?