Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a CDA CW494, it has stopped working right at the

Customer Question

Hi I have a CDA CW494, it has stopped working right at the beginning of the cycle. The Start LED flashes continuoulsy with no pauses at all, so does not appear to correspond to any known error code??
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should clarify, its an integrated Dishwasher
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is the drain pump running continuously, too? I suspect it may be in a flood cycle due to water leaking into the base of the machine. Can you inspect the area under the tub?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Kelly, I have looked in the sump area, underneath the metal plate and filter, I presume this is the area you mean, there does not appear to be anything amis, there is no water or anything blocking it. When it is initially switched on, the pump runs for about 20 seconds and then stops but the beeping continues, it stops when the door is opened, but the flashing continues.Cheers, Rick
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Any humming or buzzing after the pump stops? The area we need to check for water is below the tub, in the very base of the machine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Kelly, there is no water in the bottom of the machine and there is no buzzung, I have not dismantled any part of the machine as yet, just looked in the very bottom..