Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Neither the oven or grill is working on my Serena SK313 X/2.

Customer Question

Hi..
I've replaced the oven element before but seems strange the grill is also faulty.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a thermal protector on the back of the appliance I suspect has opened. Are you able to access the back and test the thermostat, pictured and available at the link below?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,I can confirm it one of them fails a continuity test so I will try replacing it.. Thank you.Simon
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly.Still no good - I got the new thermostat, strangely it did not pass a continuity test despite being new - touching terminals confirms meter is OK. Seems like they sold me a dud....?
Simon
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture of the back of the oven where you are testing that part?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just took remove the terminal connectors and tested it.. the sensor close by tested fine..I will send pictures over when I get home later on..
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so the one on the oven is measuring closed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,Please find attached some pictures and explanations that I hope will help...Apologises for the delay but I have been out of the country for a while..Simon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hang on... this site won't accept the format... let me re-send in word..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See attached word file...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now conducted continuity checks and confirmed the following are ok :- Grill and oven elements are ok
- Dial / Thermostat is ok
- Relay on board is okSimon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Kelly..It's been 24 hours and I have not seen a response yet. I have tested everything I can - waiting on Just Answer to respond.Please advise. Thank you.Simon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Several days have now passed... still no answers.. I can only assume the referral has not worked properly... ??????To say I feel frustrated would be an understatement.Can someone please have the professional courtesy to respond before I leave very negative feedback.Simon