Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a hotpoint condenser dryer that won't start. It is

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint condenser dryer that won't start. It is on, the clean filter light is lit up but both the filters are clean and the water bottle is empty. When I press start all the lights flash and it beeps 3 times while flashing the lights. Nothing else happens. Any idea what is wrong with it? It's only a month old from new
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The filter light is actuated by the exhaust thermistor reading a high temperature. Of course, if the filter is clean, air flow should be fine so I suspect the issue is with that sensor or the main control module. How long did you have it off at the plug? It takes several hours to reset, so if noty that long, turn it off for a few hours. Any change at all? If not, it will need to be repaired under warranty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Left it off for 7 hours over night and it's still the same. Will call the manufacturer out.Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you.