Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'VE HAD MY SAMSUNG RL38SBSW 11.3CF FROST-FREE

Customer Question

I'VE HAD MY SAMSUNG RL38SBSW 11.3CF FROST-FREE FRIDGE/FREEZER FOR 5 YEARS WITH NO PROBS. ALL OF A SUDDEN MY FRIDGE STOPPED WORKING. THE LIGHTS COEM ON BUT IT DOESNT GET COLD. THE FREEZER WORKS BUT ICES UP AND ICE SHELF HAS FORMED AT THE BOTTOM & DRAWER CANT FIT FLUSH. I'M DISABLED AND RELY HEAVILY ON THIS APPLIANCE. LITERALLY EATING FROM TINS. PLEASE ADVISE TECH-CARE. REGARDS ***** *****
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue, I suspect, is related to a lack of air flow, probably from a failed defrost component. If you turn it off with the doors open for 24 hours it will thaw and cooling will restore for a week or so, allowing time to call for service. If you provide your postal code, I can get you links to service companies in your area.