Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

😊. I have a Bosch Classixx 6 WAE24166GB washing machine. It

Customer Question

Hello 😊. I have a Bosch Classixx 6 WAE24166GB washing machine. It has started to 'stick' on the wash cycle - just washing continually without moving onto the rinse cycle. Noticing the advice given to a previous question, I have tried running it on a cold wool wash, with the same result, however, when I tried it in a 90 degree wash, it was apparent that the water wasn't heating, so I do wonder if the heating element has gone. One other thing, running it with no clothes in, I noticed that it only filled with 2 or 3 inches of water - is that normal? I don't normally run it empty, of course! Any advice would be very welcomed!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! With no clothes, it will not fill much because the pressure switch detects that the water level is ample for the load size, in this case, no load. So, the issue is that the temperature sensor is not detecting the temperature rise necessary to advance the cycle. Do you have a meter to test the heating element for continuity with?