Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have error e31 on my induction range. Can I repair this

Customer Question

I have error e31 on my induction range. Can I repair this myself. If not is this an expensive repair?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Please post model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EW30IS6CJSC
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Typically error code E31 on Electrolux models indicates that it has detected an internal generator error on left side cooking zones. A professional will need to test the cables and connections on left side on the generator control board (dual). The generator control board (LF/LR) in the 3 zones induction mule might need replacing.

We are on the honor system for our work, so please use the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page before you leave and give me at least a 3 star rating. . If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I already knew as I "googled" the problem" prior to submitting the question, and found the identical answer. I was looking for more detail as to what the generator would cost or the repair would cost. Is this something a technically competent person could handle
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The attached page below shows what that error means. If all cabling is intact, the left side generator board, number 2 in the diagram at the link below, will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

This is a very complex appliance, I would not recommend you attempt to repair it yourself. If you break the top or a board while disassembling it, you will spend much more than a service call. You could expect labor to replace the generator board to be about $200-250.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!