Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Had new drum put In my hotpoint wmud962 by hotpoint engineer

Customer Question

Had new drum put In my hotpoint wmud962 by hotpoint engineer put it on for wash fills this water then half way threw comes up saying no water, check supply
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I assume it didnt do this before the drum was replaced?

Its more then likely an installation fault. When they refitted it they have either traped the fill hose or kinked it.

If you can pull the washer out and look at the back and check the fill hose isnt kincked up. Also check the tap ont he water supply is fully turned on.

If thats all fine then check the waste hose. If it goes into a stand pipe then check they havent pushed it all the way down the pipe as this can also cause the same fault.

If thats fine then remove the top if you are able to and at the back you will see the water valves. Check the wiring blocks are fully pushed onto the valves. As when the drum is replaced they will need to disconnect them. So check they are ok.

Try them and see what you find and let me know from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're r the valves please so no wat looking for I was thinking it was the the man who re fitted the drum as nothing like this had happened before it happened
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

It was probberly caused buy the drum being fitted as its a full strip down of the washer.

The water is the part the fill hose screws to. You cannot missed it as once the top is off you can see the water valve with the fill hose screwed onto and the wires going to the top of it.