Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I need a specialist on SMEG dishwashers are you my man?

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In case you did not get the extra I typed I am repeating it here. This dishwasher is situated in Africa a long way from any service engineer. Fortunately I'm a qualified electrical engineer so I guess we can between us fix it. from my understanding the E9 fault is mainly caused by a faulty pressure sensing switch on the water level over full sensor. I have taken the sensor our and checked that it operates by blowing lightly into it and testing the normally closed and the normally open contacts both of which appear to operate correctly. I have also removed the rubber air hose and found that this was perfectly clean and clear.Then on the internet It was suggested that I should reset the main PC but I have not found a reset code that works. Where do I go from here????Paul
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Pull the appliance out from the cabinet and access the tank on the left side of the tub. Remove the hoses from the tank and clean them out as well as the tank on the side. Let me know what you find upon inspection.