Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an Electrolux range oven. Today I put it on self

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux range oven. Today I put it on self Clean. 2 hours into the cleaning cycle we experienced a prolonged power outage at home. Tonight when I returned the panel was showing F15 code and the door is staying locked. I've tried pressing cancel and it won't undo it. I turned the breaker off to see if oven would reboot, and still no change. Door seems fully cooled down, so it isn't the cool down stage anymore. What do I do?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! When the power went out, the oven was allowed to get too hot because the cooling fan quit running and the thermal fuse tripped. It is mounted on the back of the oven and is likely resettable.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hallo Kelly: Thank you for your response. The model nu. is: EW30IS6CJS
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! Pull the range out and remove the rear access panel. You will see the thermal fuse that is at the link below on the back. Push the red button and you should have restored operation. Be sure to unplug the range before removing any panels!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that's very helpful. I will try that tonight when I am back home. Much appreciated!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we pulled it out yesterday and can't find a reset button, only an indication where it should have been installed. What else can I do? I am having a real tough time trying to find a local technician that would even look at this as all have no training in this kind of stove. Feeling frustrated as I love my oven.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a picture of the entire back with the panel removed and I will mark it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are still trying to find a technician for our area. as of so far no luck with that. Any help will be gladly received.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I did some research on this exact model and have disco0vered that the thermal fuse has been moved from the back of the oven to the top, near the cooling fan. See page 72 & 73 of the service manual available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't access link: it says it's expired and I don't know the password ***** get into this