Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have the same issue as someone else. The hob has locked

Customer Question

I have the same issue as someone else. The hob has locked out in the chip;d lock position. I have tried to deactivate as the manual suggests but nothing. I have also switched off at the mains and the same thing happens...a complete lock out
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If a power cycle has not corrected the issue, the interface control has likely failed and will need to be replaced.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I first filled in the form on your website, a cookie came up to say that an engineer was online ready to deal with my issue. Clearly that was not the case as you have replied with a query 12 hours later.In fact the fault continued for at least 6 hours and then overnight rectified itself. I'm an electrical and mechanical engineer and followed all the instructions in the manual to no avail for the Child lock etc. But now it has cleared.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I understand, thank you. Glad it is now working.