Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a smug intergrated dishwasher model d16012 .plugged

Customer Question

Hi I have a smug intergrated dishwasher model d16012 .plugged in and switched on there are no lights on control panel have tried two new fuses to no avail.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is this a brand new dishwasher you have just installed?

I take it yo have also tried it in a different plug socket to make sure the power supply is good?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
The plug socket the smeg is plugged into is working fine have tried it. Dishwasher is two years old
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok thats fine. If the plug socket is fine and theres power going to the dishwasher then its either the mains filter, Wiring or the control board.

What you need to do is fixing this yourself is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and remove the bottom base cover.

From there you will see the mains filter at the back were the power cable goes to. Check theres no signs of burning on there.

If thats fine then you need to follow the 2 wires that goes from there and it will run underneath then up the door to the control board at the top.

Remove the outer door panel and there you will see the door wiring. Open the harness up and check the wires. Give each one a tug and see if theres any broken wires.

If thats all ok then remove the control board at the top of the door and see if theres any signs of burning on there. Now there may be or there may not be. But if the power supply is fine and the mains filter and the wiring is good and if theres still nothing comming up then the control unit will be the fault here and would need to be replaced.

So check that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards