Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My hotpoint aquarius washing machine has all its light

Customer Question

my hotpoint aquarius washing machine has all its light flashing when i press the on button of the machine, also the machine wont complete a spin cyle
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can ypu post the model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it's a WF541.Before it got halfway through a program, now when I turn it on it won't do anything but flash all the lights
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for that.

If you have all the ligths flashing then its the main control board at the back at the bottom thats the cause of this. Ive replaced loads of them for this fault.

But if you are handy with a soldering iron then you can repair this.

Remove the control board from the back and then open the plastic casing and remove the board.

Then locate C17 capacitor. Its marked on the board. You will find the top of it will have swelled up. You need to replace that and this will cure the fault from there.

But if you cannot do that then you can get a refurbished board from this site click here

As they sell refubished boards that come programmed ready to fit onto the washer.

But thats what the fault is as ive done loads of them for this fault.

Regards