Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Ive got a wmb 71642 machine that will not start,(the door

Customer Question

Hi Daniel,
Ive got a wmb 71642 machine that will not start,(the door locks and that's it) I have replaced the main p.c.b. , the door lock, and the pressure switch. It's a little used machine.?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the main PCB, door lock and pressure switch have all been replaced, the issue is likely with the wiring. If you manually set it to a spin setting, will it pump out and spin at all? Any visible issues with the wiring, even down by the motor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
I have checked the wiring visually throughout, but no nicks or breaks are evident,and all plugs properly locked home. I have discovered that the machine has been either dropped or mis-handled due to the front motor bracket being cracked on one mounting. I've managed to fix this,(and the multi-plug ). ...to no avail.
Nothing happens on the manual spin setting, except the door interlock functioning. on starting there is no power to the water inlet valves so I dont know if the driver unit controls the power to those, or just the motor/speeds.?
Shall I go for replacement loom do you think?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The main controller is what energizes the water inlet valves. I do suspect the issue is related to the wiring. When you start a cycle, after the door locks, what happens if you just let the cycle go? Does anything at all happen? Does the door remain locked?