Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I am looking diagram on how the connectors fit & in which

Customer Question

I am looking for a diagram on how the connectors fit & in which order to the control unit behind the program button on my SMEG DF612SDX dishwasher. My botton failed too and it was the plastic lever that had broken so I have replaced the parts with the correct SMEG parts, but I must have put the connectors back incorrectly as the program cycle now is too short! :(( is this something you can help with please? Thanks Toni
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Are all of the programs off now? Can you please post a picture of the way it is wired now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
I wrote down the order of the connectors before removing them so I am pretty sure they are in the correct order & place, so not sure why when I choose a program, it only lasts for a quarter of the time it should! Please see the attached images. Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Those connectors are "keyed," in that they will only fit on one spot. There are cutouts on the connectors that orient them accordingly. So, I also agree that they are on correctly. Can you double check that model number because I cannot get it to come up on the service site to access the programming information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model no. Is definitely DF612SDX as this is what I have used when ordering the spare parts I've fitted.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

For some reason it is not coming up on the tech site. I am going to place your questions up for others to see while I wait upon a request for the technical information for this unit. Perhaps another has that information readily available.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have since downloaded the manual for my dishwasher http://www.manualslib.com/manual/343483/Smeg-Df612sdx.html?page=32#manual and have realised that the dishwasher is showing an E8 fault as the program is interuppted (not shortened) as I have a blinking 4th light and static 5th light, which according to the manual is an Alternate washing system malfunction. Before I call an engineer out is there anything I can try to resolve this myself please?