Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Dimplex optimist OKT20 series A fire. The optimist

Customer Question

I have a Dimplex optimist OKT20 series A fire. The optimist lamps cut in and out irregularly. The transducer does not seem to work ( no mist). I have unplugged the transducer - the lamps still cut out. Any help would be appreciated. Regards ***** *****
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I would first begin by looking at the bulb socket to see if the socket may be loose or worn and that the bulb is securely fastened in. Also, can you test the voltage to the socket to see if it is dropping out before the socket?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, thanks for the response. There are 4 x 24v lamps - all work ok until the power drops out. It doesn't appear that the transducer is working. As stated previously I have unplugged the transducer but the lamps still trip after a few minutes. The fan heater still works even though the optimist section is off. Regards Walter
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If all of the lamps are dropping out, the transformer has to be losing power.

CLICK HERE

As for the transducer, it is available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, I have ordered the parts you suggest. The parts are out of stock so I have to wait a week for delivery. I will keep you posted when I have fitted the bits. Regards
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Please disregard any automated messages you may receive, I have no control over those.