Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I wrote to you last night regarding my oven not working, i

Customer Question

hi Daniel i wrote to you last night regarding my oven not working, i have also replied to your email as requested, please find file attached with all details, the gas hobs are working the grill is working, the time is not allowing me to set it and oven
is not working and i have no idea why one more question i gave my card details last night do i have to pay again ?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just looked at the other question you posted last night and it doesnt show a reply on there from you.

So as we have the details now we will keep to this thread as you now have 2 questions open so there is a change they may bill you twice due to the 2 questions being open. You need to contact customer services from your home page and they can close the other question for you.

Now as to the oven as you say the timer wont allow you to set it is it flashing?

If so turn the power off to the oven and wait 30 seconds.

Then turn back on and then turn the timer dial on the left of the clock to the clock position and then turn the dial on the right to set the time.

Once the time is set turn the dial to manual position and that should allow the oven to work.

Is it doing the above? If not and the timer just wont set then its more then likely a faulty timer clock which will need to be replaced to cure this.

Let me know how it goes and if you can please keep to this thread.

Regads

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me, I've tried what you said but it's just not working, auto is just flashing and when I try to turn the time button it's not really moving but I have noticed that it's going up in number really slowing without me touching it for example 0.08 then it go to 0.09 and so on don't know why,You said I might have to replace the timer clock how do I go about doing that, and what prices range will I be looking at .Regards
Kathryna
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok from what you say the timer is the fault here im afraid.

Now to replace it you need to remove the hob top and then you can access the timer from under there and swap it over.

Price wise for the timer on this is £100 just for the part. If you want the part number its(###) ###-####/p>

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that the phone when you said part number Or timer itself ? And Can I do this myself or do I need a man to help me ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Not sure what you mean about phone?

That number i posted is the part number for the timer.

As to weather you can fit it or not that depends on your repair skills as i dont know how good at repairs you are.

If you are handy at doing repairs yourself then try it. You need to remove the burners on the tob top and then remove the screws under the control panel. Then remove the screws around the burners.

Then you can lift the hob top up and then you can access the timer under there and remove it and swap the wiring over from there.

But if you have never done any repairs before then you may be best getting an engineer in to do this.

Regard

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was that the phone number that I needed to call the repair parts that's what I meant
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Im with you. No thats the part number for the timer you need.

If you want a phone number for a repair agent then give these a bell as its Zanussi direct and they will sort it out for you.

0333(###) ###-####/p>

They can sort it for you from there if you need someone.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you I'll call them tomorrow, I'll keep u posted
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No worries im sure they will sort it.

Just give them that part number and hopefully they will bring the part with them.

Regards