Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My AEG Favorit sensorlogic dishwasher doesnt clean anymore.

Customer Question

my AEG Favorit sensorlogic dishwasher doesnt clean anymore. The tablet never dissolves properly and is left hanging out of the compartment. The machine is cleaned and maintained properly. Any ideas please? I am also in a hard water area, and don't know if this makes any difference. The model number is ***** VI. Thank you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

So once the cycle has finshes as the tablet drawer opened?

Does it seem to get hot during the wash? Does it dry the pots at the end of the cycle?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tablet is left hanging partly dissolved from the compartment with the Door open. The water is hot and the machine does dry. Unfortunately it dries all the food/tea stains on even harder onto the cups etc! I've made sure the tablet goes into a dry compartment and I clean the filters often and replace the salt when required.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if the dishwasher is heating up then its more then likely the top spray arm not turning to spray the watr into the dispenser unit.

First make sure theres nothing hanging on the top basket like a dishwasher airfreshner as this can stop the arm from spinning.

If thats fine then open the door and turn the top spray arm so it faces front to back and set it going on a wash cycle.

When it starts washing very carefully open the door of the dishwasher and look at the top spray arm and see if it has moved position. If it hasnt then you need to remove the top arm and give this a good clean out. Make sure all the holes on the arm are fully clear as if they block up it will stop the arm from turning.

Try that as for the tablet drawer to open but it doesnt disolve the table then its usually either the dishwasher isnt heating or the spray arm isnt spraying the water around to dissolve the tablet.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards