Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I desperately need you help! My indesit 6kgs IWME126 isn't

Customer Question

Hi there
I desperately need you help!
My indesit 6kgs IWME126 isn't allowing me to open the door. The red light is permanently on for more than two days!! Yesterday was flashing,then I tried the spin,then a new program,then start / reset button,did a new program,turned off the current, opened and cleaned the pump,but it simply doesn't want to open the door...
What can I do? Please help me
Many thanks
Paulo
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Not sure if you have tried this but unplugg the washer and wait 2 minutes and see if you can open te door then.

If not then you need to give the door handle a good bang with the side of your fist and see if this shocks the door into opening from there.

If that doesnt work then its more likely a broken door handle.

To fix this im afraid you need to pull the washer out from under the unit.

Then remove the top panel.

Make sure the washer is unplugged.

Then look down the front of the washer on the inside on the right hand side.

There you will see the door lock. You need to reach down in there and feel the far left of the lock and there you will feel the metal door pin. You may not see if but you will feel it there.

You need to push this door pin to the left and at the same time pull the door handle and it will open from there.

Once you have it open you can then check the door handle and if snapped you need to replace it from there.

Try that and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel T.Thank you for getting back to me with some options...• I did unplug it (or better) cut the power from mains. Nothing happens. The red light (lock) goes back on and later starts flashing together with the extra rinse green light.• Yes I did bang the door. No success. Same situation as above.• I have not tried the last option as the washing machine is in a in wall structure and it's rather heavy to pull out alone,plus the top metal panel has got several screws and sadly I don't feel confident enough to open it and deal with after managing to pull it out...Is there anything else that I can try or do I need to call an indesit engineer or technician?Let me add that the machine even though is 4 years old is used once or twice p/week and no particular programs are used. I use Calgon occasionally and try to keep it and maintain it in good state. It's quite annoying that this happened:-(Many thanks for your time in trying to help me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah...
Last thing...Once I turn the mains off... The machine goes back with a permanent red light on (the locker light).Still doesn't want to open...Regards
Paulo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now it suddenly started flashing and the iron and stain removal green lights started flashing too.Please help!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay.

The ligths flashing you have is a door lock fault. So as you have the lights flashing then its possibley the door lock itself.

As it wont open at all when you unplugg it then it sounds like the door lock has jammed. If this is the case then it will need to be pulled out and the top take off and the door lock broken off from there.

But as thats a case of pulling it out and you cannot on your own then you need to either get someone to help you or get Indesit in.

The think with Indesit is thye will charge £110 fixed price. So no matter what the fault is thats all you pay.

But if you can get it out and you want to fix yourself then just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel
Thank you for your advice...I think you are right the door is jammed and that's why the sensor or whatever the thing is... Flashes the lights.I will contact tomorrow morning an engineer to repair it.I looked at indesit repairs and also found these two companies with excellent reviews specially the first one•domex-uk.co.uk
•glotechrepairs.co.ukThere would many more but I'd limit to these two plus indesit.Which would you choose?
I am based in SW London quite central...I take this opportunity to thank you for your time and patience in trying to resolve my issue.Best regards
Paulo
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

As I'm from up north near the lakes I don't know any of the repair company's near you.

The indesit is the better option if it is he control board as for the local repair company's to do it will be more through them. But as it's looking like a door lock fault then it's cheaper for the local ones to do it rather then £110 through indesit as a door lock fitted is roughly about the £80 mark.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning DanielThank you for your swift reply. Also thank you also for the estimate of the costs.
I will do so and will report back today.Have a great day
Best regards
Paulo
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome Paulo. Speak to you later on this afternoon.