Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Our dishwasher door does not close. Looks like the safety

Customer Question

Our dishwasher door does not close. Looks like the safety pin is down but the door open. It's a Siemens
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hello,I'm so sorry for the extended wait time, whilst I was offline. Do youstill need help with this?

Ifso, I will try to locate some information on this for you.

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob,
Yes some expert opinion would still be helpful. We have a 3-year old Siemens dishwasher but its front door won't shut tight. The safety lock mechanism pin is in the down position and cannot be moved. Siemens suggested slamming the door but hat has not helped yet. Any other ideas how the pin can be 'reset'?
Thanks!
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK

Turn off the power

Remove the screws around the door

The front panel will come away

Yu will see the lcok

With a screwdriver, trip the lock into the open position, so that the latch will now fit

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob