Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have an Electrolux Icon Freezer Only, Model E32AF75JPS2,

Customer Question

We have an Electrolux Icon Freezer Only, Model E32AF75JPS2, 18 months old. It has an ice maker in the upper left corner inside the freezer. The ice maker has stopped making ice. We have turned the ice maker off and on many times. We tried turning the power to the whole freezer off and back on. How can we troubleshoot this problem, please? The freezer has cabinets all around it. It is full. We would prefer to not have to pull it out. It is a cabinet depth upright freezer.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hello,I'm so sorry for the extended wait time, whilst I was offline. Do youstill need help with this?

Ifso, I will try to locate some information on this for you.

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need help.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me how long you turned this off for?

Did it make any difference?

Are there any error codes shown?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have turned the ice maker off and on many times. Sometimes we left it off for many minutes. We turned the whole freezer off at the circuit breaker once for several minutes. None of that has made any difference. There are no error codes shown.Thanks,
Gordon
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gordon

Ok, Im going to suggest you try to allow the whole thing to defrost completely, then restarting the machine and see if its any better.

This may take several hours to defrost completely and may want to try this as and when it is convenient to you.

Just let me know as and when you can

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ice maker is in a tall upright freezer, full of frozen food. Are you suggesting we let everything defrost and therefore, lose all of our frozen food?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gordon

NO

Befor the days of self defrosting freezers and they needed defrosting manually, you would take all the food out, wrap it all up newspaper or a blanket and put it somewhere cool.

The food will stay good for long enough to defrost the freezer

Then turn off the freezer.

Allow it to thoroughly defrost.

Do this when food stocks are low.

This will also allow you to clean the freezer at the same time.

As suggested previously, only do this when you have the time, there is no rush

Thanks

Rob