Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.
21107370

I have recently purchased a ex display model samsung

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a ex display model samsung RSA1WTMH, (i'm not 100% sure about the "TMH" part) and the fridge part is freezing everything solid. the fridge is in the kitchen witch is at an average of 20 odd deg C.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the display on the front is saying the fridge is at 7 Deg C, but an independent thermometer in the fridge is reading -8 Deg C.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number is ***** as RSA1WTMH
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Experts are reviewing your question. You'll get a response here and by email - often in 10 minutes or less and always within a day.nearly 24 hours and still waiting...........
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, nearly 48 hours and still waiting.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is any one out there??? some kind of response would be appreciated, even if it's "please provide more info........"- model number: RSA1WTMH (samsung)
- Fridge/Freezer - fridge freezing food, Freezer ok.
- Fridge is displaying +7deg c, but independent thermometer says -8deg c.
- tried resetting PCB (two outer buttons pressed simultaneously)
- switched off for 15mins and turned back on.
- ensured all protective film has been removed from shelves/vents etc.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

I am sorry no one has gotten to you sooner, the question was just sent to my cat as no one in the UK cat answered it. Can you see if the fan in the refrigerator is running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for responding, i appreciate the delay wasn't your personal fault, sometimes these things happen....The fan is running, there is a white box, with a slat in it, in the top left of the fridge. When you put your hand up to it, you can feel the air flow.

OK so the freezer is holding 0-5 degrees F

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi again, i'm very sorry but i have just found out the model isRSA1RTPN - RSA1RTPN A-Series American Style Fridgenot what i stated before. i apologize. if this has cost you any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
freezer seems to be working fine, food is frozen in any case, it is sitting around the -15 deg C which apparently is 0 deg F, which is what the display is saying, so all good there,it is just the fridge side, front display says +7deg C (44.6 F) but the internal temp is -8 deg C (17.6 F)

SO all of the refrigerator is freezing correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried to unplug the unit for 1 minute to reset the board and try it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried resetting PCB (two outer buttons pressed simultaneously)

and it still freezes? If o you may have a bad thermister for the refrigerator or possibly a bad board as it may not be reading the temp thermister to stop the unit from cooling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it still freezes, tried everything several times, is there a way of telling if it's the thermister, or the board,and am i able to do the repair or would i need a tech?

You would have to use an ohm meter to check the resistance of the thermister can you do that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
probably, i can get an ohm meter from work tomorrow, but i don't actually know where the thermister is.

Watch this video to help

CLICK HERE