Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a LG F1256QD washing machine that is 2.5 years old

Customer Question

I have a LG F1256QD washing machine that is 2.5 years old and is overfilling. It seems to work OK but at the end of the cycle, the machine will beep to say its finished and then open the inlet valve for the #1 soap tray. since they are cheap, I have changed
the pressure switch and hose but still the same issue. I have also cleaned out the pressure dome (no real gunk). If I pull the power then the inlet valve closes and water shuts off which indices that the valve is probably OK. When the water is filling in this
way, if I pull the connector to the inlet valve then the water stops. This indicates to me that the controller is signalling the fill. I have tried removing the pressure hose and blowing down it and this does not stop the filling. Not sure what else to try.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it beeps to signal the completion of the cycle and then begins to fill, the issue is with the electronic control. It will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks - that was my thinking also. Do you know if on these machines the whole board needs changing ? It looks like an expensive part. Even if I change it myself it's approaching the cost of a new machine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The main PCB I believe will need to be replaced is available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many thanks Kelly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, thank you.