Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My CDA dishwasher, model CW 494/1 is beeping. There are nine

Customer Question

My CDA dishwasher, model CW 494/1 is beeping. There are nine flashes on the light.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

9 flashes on this is an overfilling fault.

This is usually down to the pressure sensor in the base either blocked or faulty.

Try this first and see what happens.

Remove the bototm basket and the filters in the base.

Then look into the sump and you will see a black round grid on the side wall.

Pore boiling water in there and then with an old tooth brush give this a scrub and clean the gaps out as muck can block in there stops the switch from working.

Then reset it by holding the start button for a few seconds and then set it going on a hot wash and see if this clears it.

If not then remove the outer door panel and check the wiring in the loom and see if theres any broken wires in the door loom.

If thats fine then you need to remove the pressure sensor from underneath and test it with a multi meter and see if its faulty, If so then replace it and that should cure it.

But try cleaning it first as most of the time this cures the fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did the first part, the black round grid was not dirty. Poured on hot water and scrubbed it anyway but nothing came away and there is no change.The way the fault appeared is strange. The dishwasher was not in use and it was empty and dry. It started beeping without any intervention.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok so if you reset it and just leave it does the fault come on on its own still?