Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a dishwasher Hotpoint FDL 570 Aquarius. Not draining

Customer Question

Hi, I have a dishwasher Hotpoint FDL 570 Aquarius. Not draining of water. Have checked pipes are clear and now got side off machine but can't suss what might be the problem. When wishing it goes fine then stops, all lights flashing and humming noise
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When it stops and the lights start to flash which lights are actually flashing as this is the error code.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The red lights on the salt and rinse aid flash and the wash light flashes orange, think the start/pause button also flashes orange. The on/off button is green and possibly flashes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have taken outlet pipe off and checked this is clear, the drains below the sink all appear clear as well. The filter and the silver section at bottom of dishwasher, inside, are all clear as well.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If you have the wash light and the start light flashing then this is a control board fault.

Ignore the lights on the left hand side which is the salt rinse aid and start lights as they are not part of the error codeing. Its only the lights on the far right thats the error code.

So if its the wash and start light then its nearly always down to a faulty control board in the base.

Im taking it you have removed the plug from the socket and waiting 20 mins and then plug back in and see if this clears it?

If that doesnt work then remove the plastic cover at the front at the very bottom below the door and there you will see the control board. Check all the wiring is pushed on there tight.

If thats all ok then the control board itself will be the fault and would need to be replaced and programmed. Now if you buy a new one yourself they are sold blank so need to be programmed up. So to do this you will need to also buy the programming kit as well.

Now to do all this it will be cheaper to buy a brand new dishwasher as all the parts to do this will be over £250.

But Hotpoint do a fixed price repair for £110 all in. They will call out replace the control board and program it with there laptop from there for that price.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would that stop the water emptying? The point at which I would expect the water to empty there is a humming noise as if something is trying to run and then after a little while the lights starts to flash
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok to be honest for that error code you tend to find it wont work at all and will just flash the error code all the time.

The fault you have sounds like the pump is either blocked or faulty. But the error code for that is the wash and dry lights flashing.

But if its humming when it should be draining then thats usually the pump thats humming as its trying to run but its jammed.

What you can try on this is pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and remove the plastic cover under there.

There you should be able to access the drain pump from there.

Make sure you have scooped out all the water in side then you need to remove the pump.

Clear out any debris thats in there. But becarfull as its usually glass blocking it.

Once clear refit the pump and retry the dishwasher and fingers crossed this cures the fault from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But how do you remove the plastic covering on the bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am hoping that if I can get in to the bottom and this is where you say the pump is, then I might be sorted :)
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Its just clipped in. Insert small screwdriver into the solt around the edge and you can remove it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** later. Need to re undo all the pipes to lie it on its back so will hope that works
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

No worries. If you have got it out yet then when you look at the base you will see how it comes off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have managed to disconnect all the pipes and get the bottom off. Can not see how to access the drain pump. Suggestions please?