Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How can we have our induction stove repaired when it beeps

Customer Question

How can we have our induction stove repaired when it beeps and shows E 15 and will not turn on. Mary Blain. the***@******.***
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Please post model number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I can't find the model number. It's the model with two ovens about 4 years old
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Error 15 Controller self check failed or terminal cutoff open. 1) if the oven controller displays an F15 error code and the ESEC controller displays an E15 error code at the same time, this is a strong indication that the safety thermostat (thermal cutoff) inside the front console opened. The primary reason for a safety thermostat to open is a deficiency of the cooling fan. With a ohmmeter, verify if the thermostat tripped. Reset the thermostat is needed and verify operation of the cooling fan. Note: the safety thermostat, when open, cuts AC power to the oven relay board (connector J4, pin 1 and 3) and the ESEC relay board (connector J1, pin and 3). 2) An F15 error code on the oven controller may indicate the oven controller is not receiving a synchronization signal from the relay board. One easy way to determine this is to power off the unit, power it on and start a Timer for 1 minute before the F15 error code appears. If the timer counts-down normally then the synchronization signal is okay. If the timer stays at 1:00 and does not countdown, then the synchronization signal is missing. If the synchronization signal is missing, check first if the oven relay board is receiving 120VAC correctly (J4 pin 1 and 3). Then check the wiring between connector J2 on the relay board and connector P16 on the oven controller. If AC power and wiring looks good and the problem is still there, replace the relay board. If problem persists, replace the oven controller. 3) The F15 error code may be caused by an oven controller failure. If the safety thermostat and

synchronization signal have been verified and tested good, replace the oven controller.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Somewhere along the line communication has broken down. If you have my original email you will see that the oven is not the problem and the code flashing and beeping is E 15.. Thanks Mary Blain
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please provide model number.