Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Miele 1040 dishwasher inlet/drain light flashing pump works

Customer Question

miele 1040 dishwasher inlet/drain light flashing pump works but water inlet is start stop every 20 secs. aquastop switches on and off. flood solenoid checked and ok. circulation pump works.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it drains and the wash motor is working and clean, the intermittent action of the valve leads me to believe the issue is with the valve. Are you able to measure the voltage at the valve during the times it stops filling to see if the voltage drops or totally goes away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Kelly Unfortunately I've got the inlet tank dismantled to check the valves. One seems good - when connected to 240v it retracts smoothly - the other buzzes loudly when connected to 240v and rattles the piston rather than retracting smoothly. I will replace this and report back. I assume one valve is for mains water and the other from the salt tank? The intermittent action of the Aquastop - is this a problem - have tested resistance & continuity 1.9kohm at machine connector block.Thanks Steve
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The valves operate together, they should each energize at the same time. It is a dual system so if one fails open, the machine will not overflow.