Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I'm having problems with my CDA VW80 dishwasher, can you

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having problems with my CDA VW80 dishwasher, can you help?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

What problems are you having with the dishwasher?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not draining every time and everything is coming out cloudy.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok so once the cycle has finshed is the dishwasher still full of water?

If you restart it the first thing it should do is pump the water out.

Does it do this?

If not do you hear a slight humming noise from the bottom?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it pumps out when restarting and doesn't happen every time. More of a concern is that the contents aren't getting cleaned even on the hottest wash.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok do you have salt in the dishwasher?

If so is it using it up too fast?

Do you also use rinse aid or is it all in 1 tablets?

As cloudy marks on the pots is usually down to either no salt or rinse aid that causes this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The salt and rinse aid seem to last a very long time and are full. The machine is on every day but both salt and rinse aid only need topping up a couple of times a year, not sure if this is normal?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok salt can last quite a while so that can be normal. But rinse aid usually is used up quicker then that.

If you open the dispenser were you put the rinse aid you will see an arrow pointing to some numbers. If its low say pointing to 1 or 2 turn it up higher as this adjusts the amount it puts in so turn it higher and see how it goes from there.

Also take the spray arms off and give them a good clean out. Make sure all the holes in there are clear as if they block up it stops the arm spinning fully and can give poor wash results.

Also do you run a cleaner through it as well?

If not then get a cleaner and run this through on a hot wash with nothing in. You can usually get a bottle you put in upside down and this cleans the dishwashers internalls and can cure this fault as well.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I noticed the rinse aid numbers and turned it to the maximum a while back, I've also run the cleaners through a few times but will check the arms tomorrow.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if thats all fine then check the arms and see what you find.

Also when you set it going turn both arms so they face front to back.

Set it going and when you hear it washing carefully and slowerly open the door and see if the arms have moved position, Try it a few times and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Regards