Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an optimist electric fire by dimplex, the problem I

Customer Question

Hi Kelly , I have an optimist electric fire by dimplex, the problem I have is with the heater which cuts out almost as soon as the heat comes on, it doesn't seem to be thermostat related so I am assuming some sort is thermal cutout malfunction.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It could be a thermal cutout opening but to have it open so soon after starting would likely indicate an air flow issue. Is the fan running when you turn it on?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly its CSD20 series A. The fault is with the heater and fan, originally the heater and fan would cut out after a minute or so but now when I try to switch it on the bleeps ,bleep the correct number of times but ion heater or fan operate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That should say no heater or fan operate.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

See page 10 of the service manual at the link below for access to the thermal cut out.

CLICK HERE