Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi front loader, which has been excellent last

Customer Question

Hello I have a Zanussi front loader, which has been excellent for the last 15 + years. Foolishly when I moved from South Africa to Spain I could not find the stabilizer bolts. Now I can hear the drum scraping as it goes round. What can I do. it is the only side effect, it does not shake nore move around the room. Please say you can help me.
Regards
Jacqui
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

If you open the door and look inside the drum does it look like its dropped?

Also if the turn the drum by hand do you hear it scrapping?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
next
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok so the yes is for both the drum has dropped and it is noisy when turned by hand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think the drum has dropped but there is a definite scraping sound,when I push the drum round.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if theres a scrapping noise as you turn the drum then its either somthing catching at the back of the washer or something is stuck between the drum.

Open the door and make sure theres nothing in there and very carefully feel all over the drum inside and check theres nothing stuck in ther poking through 1 of the holes in there.

If thats fine then you need to remove the top of the washer and if it has a back panel you can remove (as not all models do) from there you will see the drum pulley with the belt round it and check theres nothing catching the pulley as you turn the drum.

Check them first and see what you find and let me know.

Regards