Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Can you help me?!! My hotpoint has an f02 problem, I

Customer Question

Hi can you help me?!! My hotpoint has an f02 problem, I disconnected the motor and when reconnected it worked again but only at the start of the cycle, then didn't rotate the drum again, brushes are all good, have you got any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

F02 is a motor related fault so it can be either the motor itself or the control board.

If you have a multi meter you can test the motor and see if its faulty.

Remove the wiring block and on the wiring block you will see 2 red wires and the reset will be black (this depends on the model unless its an older model)

You need to test the motor were the 2 red wires go which should be the top 2 tags.

Test between them and you should get contonuity.

Then do the next 2 and that will give a reading. Then test the one next to that and that should read with the other 2 wires you tested.

Then test the last 2 and that should give a reading.

So basically if the number the tags going down with 1 at the top its as below.

You should get contonuity between 1 and 2,

Then the same between 3,4 and 5,

Then the same between 6 and 7.

If they all test ok then the motor is fine and the fault is with the control board but if any of the reads fail then the motor is the fault.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I change the control board myself, or does it need to be programmed?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

If it is the control board yes you can do it yourself but you would need to buy a refurbished one.

Click the link below for a site which sells them just contact them with the model details and they can sort one out for you

Click here

As if you buy a new one they come blank so you need to buy the programming kit which is going to be more than the washer is worth

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, do you mean the control board located at the bottom of the machine not far from the motor or the board behind the facia? Cheers
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Yes it's the main board at the bottom near the motor as that's the main power board.