Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Samsung Fridge/freezer RSH1F/D which is about 6/7

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Fridge/freezer RSH1F/D which is about 6/7 years old & has functioned well since the filter was replaced one month ago.
The freezer door was found to be slightly open overnight with a little water below the freezer door although the contents remained frozen except for water droplets on the outer surface of some containers.
As a precaution I pressed the Power Freeze button for an extra boost but since we've not been able to obtain any water from the Water Dispenser. The Ice dispenser works OK.
I thought the water might have frozen with the Power Freeze action & it would thaw out - but 36 hours later we still have no water !
The freezer is showing -15 & fridge 4 degrees as normal .I've tried operating the child lock release
system but to no avail.
Any other suggestions please?
To.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely with a frozen water tank. Open the refrigerator door and unplug the refrigerator for a couple hours and it should thaw out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry- can't risk acting on your advice at present with a fridge full of food for guests staying with us at present - although I would have thought that after 6 days at an ambient kitchen temperature of 22 & a fridge temp of 4 degrees, an ice blockage should have thawed out by now.
Will advise when guests leave.
Thanks & Regards,
Geoff
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks correct answer - problem cleared after guests departed (re email of Oct 4th) - can I avoid the same problem if I need to use the Power Freeze button again?
Have tried to give you a 5 star rating but it won't respond for some reason.
Thanks & regards,
xxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** worked out for you! The water tank is susceptible to freezing when you call for extra cooling, it is something that just happens. Regular use of water dispensing may help prevent it.