UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most likely to be faulty is the power supply board, trying to energize the relays but having issues. I would start by checking the connections from the main house supply wires and make sure those connections are tight and not burnt or melted. Let me know what you find.
It sounds to me like when the current draw starts, the power goes away. Typically, that is the result of a connection problem. If not in the wiring connections, you may have an internal fault on the power supply board or even a connection that has worke3d loose inside. I do believe that you will need to disassemble that unit for inspection. Sorry for the initial delayed response, your post came on the site at 0347 as you are 19 hours ahead of me. I am in the northern US, in Montana.