Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an Electrolux EHH6540FOK induction hob. When i turn

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux EHH6540FOK induction hob. When i turn it on with the touch control, it clicks a few times then turns off. It is only 1 year old but out of warranty.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most likely to be faulty is the power supply board, trying to energize the relays but having issues. I would start by checking the connections from the main house supply wires and make sure those connections are tight and not burnt or melted. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
Very pleased to receive your reply - I thought the website looked dodgy when it started asking for more money!
Anyway, back to the induction hob. At first I thought over (or under voltage) may have been a problem as we are next to the substation and voltage occasionally peaks at 254 V. First few occurrences of the issue were when the voltage was high. However, the problem occurs even at much lower voltages (243V). Last night I checked all the connections as you suggested but nothing seems loose or burned. Symptoms include: shutdown (and then cycling) within a second of turning the power on; power comes on long enough to select a power setting on one of the hobs, but nothing heats up. The hob was installed professionally using the correct cabling and a new 30amp RCD circuit.
I should say that I live in Australia and the induction hob was bought from euappliances.com - prices for appliances in Australia are ridiculously high! Australia voltage was changed a few years ago to meet Euro standards so there shouldn't be a problem. The induction has worked fine for around 12 months.
We called a repair person last week and he had no idea - but he did know how to ask for his $200.
Is there anything else I could try?
Regards,
Philip
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds to me like when the current draw starts, the power goes away. Typically, that is the result of a connection problem. If not in the wiring connections, you may have an internal fault on the power supply board or even a connection that has worke3d loose inside. I do believe that you will need to disassemble that unit for inspection. Sorry for the initial delayed response, your post came on the site at 0347 as you are 19 hours ahead of me. I am in the northern US, in Montana.