Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My beko freezer section is not cooling at all. At first it

Customer Question

Hello. My beko freezer section is not cooling at all. At first it was the ice section that stopped cooling, then I noticed ice started building up in the fridge section which normally would have auto defrosted, and now a few days ago there was this loud cranky noise coming from the freezer fan and it's now stopped cooling.
Please help
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model is CDA 563 F
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is the compressor at the back running still?

Is it hot to touch?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor is hot to touch but still running. the radiator coil is cold.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor is hot but not too hot
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok if the compressor is hot but theres no cooling inside the freezer or fridge and the condenser on the back is cold as well then its a system fault.

Its either short of gas in there or more then likely a poor pumping compressor.

As ive replaced quite a lot of compressors on these Bekos for this kind of fault. As if its hot then its trying to run so the electronics are working still so it just leaves the sealed system.

Now this isnt a diy repair so you need to get a fridge engineer in as they will need to put there gauges on the back to see what pressure the compressor is pumping at and the level of gas in there. As you need to correct tools to be able to do this.

But this isnt going to be a cheap repair. As a compressor replacement is about £250 roughly and regas is about £140 so unless its insured or under warrenty then its usually not worth fixing. But thats up to yourself on this.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards