Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Sadly that didn't work. Tested on some towels and they came

Customer Question

Sadly that didn't work for me. Tested on some towels and they came out of a dry-only cycle wetter than when they went in :-(
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is this a question you have been working on with an expert?

Can you post the make and model number please.

Also whats it doing wrong for you?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replied to a previous question I found on Google. Then realised this is a pay site.. So I paid....washer dryer not drying in fact making things more wet. Model. WKD28350GB. Have checked front filter and impeller. All ok but still doesn't work so now want to look at exit from drum . How do I do this? I don't have any travel bolts so can I tip on side just gently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it's a Bosch
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok im with you now, It was another question you was looking at. As i dont see that we will just start from the begining on this.

So as to the fault is it just the dryer side you have the issue with?

Is the wash side working ok?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Washer is fine. It's just a dryer fault.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok so if its just the dryer side not heating then what you need to do is pull the washer out from under the unit and remove the top panel.

From there you will see the dryer chamber on the top.

On the left hand side of this is a small thermostat with a red button on it.

This is the reset thermostat so press that button and if it clicks then its just reset.

Then retry the dryer side and fingers crossed this will get it heating again from there.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that and it didn't click - in fact the laundry is hot and soaking wet which suggests that the thermostat is working. I read somewhere that there is a narrow exit filter pipe beneath the drum that clogs easily. How do I try and get to this? Turn it on its side and go underneath?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if thats fine then you need to check the water inlet valve. As on there you will see a few coils. One will be for the dryer. As on these it has to put water into it so it can condens the steam otherwise it wont work. So as you say it is heating then it may be a faulty coil on the water valve not putting water into it.

Test the coils on the water valve and see if any are faulty. They should read about 3.6K ohms. If faulty then the water inlet valve will need to be replaced.

But if thats fine then you need to remove the condenser chamber thats on the right hand side that goes from the dryer chamber to the bottom of the drum. You need to clean this out. As what you say about the pipe this will be the condenser chamber.

So check the water inlet valve first as this can fail and cause this fault but if thats fine then you need to strip down and remove the condenser and clean this.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'm giving up here. I have a screwdriver (one for appliances) but I am not an electrician so I can't test stuff for resistance.Looks like I'll have to get an engineer out tomorrow
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok no worries. Hopefully if you get an engineer in they will sort it for you. As it does sound like its a water inlet valve fault here.

Regards